My life’s work is to provide healing and ritual to the communities I serve via art and activism. I can’t charge for the healing work I do (though I can accept donations only if they’re offered). Because of this, the only way to fund my community projects (such as supporting my Elders in building schools in the Philippines and creating sacred retreats in Turtle Island/Canada) is through crowdfunding and patronage through Patreon. I can at least charge for and share all the spoken word, poetry, visual art, music, and creative educational materials I’ve ever made with my patrons. Becoming a patron isn’t just about supporting me, but mainly about supporting community healing.
- To assist the Elders and healers in Canada and the Philippines who have supported my training and healing journey. This money will support their livelihood as healers and leaders of their communities, as well as funding projects such as schools for the youth to continue to pass down their indigenous traditions. One of the healers is my uncle, and the Elders I support are from the T’Boli and Manobo tribes.
- To organize weekend creative retreats of sacred knowledge and activism that are exclusively for, or that centre, Filipino/Pilipinx peoples in the diaspora.
For transparency and accountability, I had 3 other goals as well, but found that since operating the Patreon in 2018, those goals require a lot more partnerships and support. I’ll continue to work towards those partnerships, and if the Patreon gains enough subscribers again, I’ll use the funds towards these three other goals. So far, the Patreon has only been able to fund Elders and one Filipino weekend retreat in 2019 (https://sayawanalaysapaghilomngdiwa.weebly.com/). The following are the three other possible goals:
- To work with and pay Black and Indigenous facilitators to co-organize and co-facilitate weekend creative retreats of sacred knowledge and activism for QTBIPOC (Queer and Trans Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour).
- To co-organize and launch an annual week-long creative retreat of sacred knowledge and activism outside of a city (possibly on a participating reserve with Two Spirit Elders).
- To co-organize the building of a retreat centre for ceremony, art, and activism that centers Two Spirit communities in solidarity with trans and queer Black folks and people of colour.
- Journal entries on Bodywork RPG Retreats and occasionally poetry (Patreon: $1 USD/Month Tier or $12+ USD annual or one-time donation)
- Monthly workshops on Animist Language Arts (Patreon: $5 USD/Month Tier or $60+ USD annual or one-time donation)
I’ll be offering optional Animist Language Arts private lessons or astrology consultations for the monthly $10 USD, $25 USD, $50 USD, and $100 USD Tiers on Patreon. These are also available for annual or one-time donations of $60+ USD, $300+ USD, $600+ USD, and $1200+ USD.
Email me for a link to the Kinaban Discord server if you want to connect, but can’t afford to give at this time.
Also, please enjoy all the archived content below, and thank you for any and all donations. Every little bit helps. Note: In 2022, I took a break from making new content as I work on healing and recovery.
2021 Content (Poetry & Astrology)
2020 Content (Healing Justice & Spiritual Healing)
2018-2019 Content (Anti-Oppression 101 & Poetry/Art)
Gersande La Flèche
antoinette santos reyes
From your friendly Nature Spirits in honor of Mother Earth